25 Pleasance St
Darwin NT 0800
T: (09) 4873 5642
M: 0477 082 311
Tom D. Harry
Regional HR Director
State Correctional Services Agency
180 Cooler St
Dear Mr Harry,
Re: Correctional Officer position, REF: 62FG
I am writing to apply for the position of Correctional Officer, as advertised recently on SEEK.com.au.
I am a confident and capable professional correctional officer with four years experience in a maximum-security facility.
In my present role, I perform corrections duties for the Cullen Bay Corrections Centre in Darwin, NT. This role encompasses the many aspects of daily inmate management, including overseeing work programs, meals and leisure activities, prisoner transport, and prisoner restraint. The role demands that I recognise potentially high-risk situations and find a solution before they escalate – or, if they do escalate, deal with them swiftly and appropriately.
Throughout my corrections experience, I have endeavoured to perform my duties with professionalism and diligence. Impartial and fair, I am commended for my cool-headed and diplomatic approach to inmate complaints and conflicts. I am comfortable using force to apprehend or immobilise inmates, but only as a last resort.
I am physically fit, with time out of work spent pursuing sporting interests. I am able to work to a flexible rotating roster, encompassing both weekends and public holidays. I am also happy to relocate to WA.
I hold a Certificate III in Corrections Practice. I also possess an enduring interest in crime and criminology generally. This interest led me to complete a Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice this year.
My goal is to continue to provide professional service in a medium or maximum security corrections facility. I feel strongly that working for the SCSA would enable me to put my existing corrections skills to good use, and continue building on them into the future.
My resume is attached and I look forward to being able to discuss the position with you further.
Juvenile Detention Officer Resume
The responsibilities of juvenile detention officers various according to the workload or the division they are deployed in. However, they have to perform supervising of juveniles in detention placed by the courts due to their involvement in crimes. They have to ensure medical, educational, and food are provided well to the juveniles in detention. These officers also have to transport juveniles from the jail to medical institutions for treatment, to schools for education, and other locations that could inspire them in changing their thinkings. To obtain this job title, you have to hold knowledge of the juvenile court systems and as well as counseling.
Juvenile Detention Officer Resume Template
224 Walkers Ridge Way
Lemont, IL 60439
To provide safe custody to youth sentenced by the courts for reform and ensure their safety, well-being, and positive transformation by taking responsibilities as a juvenile detention officer in the Lemont County Juvenile Detention Center.
Summary of Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of juvenile court system and probation of juvenile offenders
- Fundamental knowledge of counseling practices and juvenile detention management
- Ability to supervise juveniles and inculcate good habits in them
- Skilled in taking care of safety and well-being of juveniles under detention
- Adept in interviewing juveniles and analyzing the root cause of behavioral disorders
- Proficient with data entry and managing records of the detention center
Juvenile Detention Officer
Noble Heart Detention Center, Lemont, IL
October 2015 - Present
- Supervising daily activities of juveniles in center and ensuring their safety and well-being
- Establishing policies and procedures and taking disciplinary action as appropriate
- Transporting juveniles to medical institutions, schools, and other locations
- Maintaining files of all the detainees and updating them as required
- Offering individual counseling to juveniles and motivating them for change
- Contacting family members of juveniles and updating them about reform
Clark's Detention Center, Lemont, IL
February 2012 - September 2015
- Determined mental state and necessary medical treatment of juveniles
- Provided crisis and supportive guidance to juveniles
- Cared and nurtured youth and helped them developing vocational skills
- Conducted preventive intervention activities and helped youth from indulging in violence
- Monitored youth at risk and provided them mental and emotional support
- Processed paperwork required for the release of juveniles from the center
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services
ABC University, Lemont, IL