We have all the tools you need to get ready for the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10—and they’re free.
Taking an official practice test is a great way to simulate test day. Plus, you can score your own practice test and learn from your mistakes.
Take the Practice Test
Get to know the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 with these sample questions.
Review Sample Questions
Personalized Study with Khan Academy
The College Board and Khan Academy® have partnered to make practicing easy and personal. At Khan Academy, you can access thousands of questions approved by the College Board, take official SAT practice tests, and create personalized study plans based on your results.
Taking an SAT practice test is good practice for the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 because the assessments measure the same skills and knowledge in ways that make sense for different grade levels.
Practice on Khan Academy
You’re allowed to use a calculator for part of the Math Test—but there’s more to it than making sure you’ve got a fresh set of batteries.
- Only the calculators listed on this page are acceptable for the Math Test—Calculator portion of the test.
- You may not use a calculator while working on the Reading, Writing and Language, or Math Test—No Calculator portions, and must put the calculator away during these sections of the test.
- You will be dismissed and your scores canceled if you use your calculator to share information during the test, or to remove test questions or answers from the test room.
- Bring your own calculator. You can’t share one.
- Don’t bring a brand-new calculator. Bring one you know. Practice for the test using the same calculator you’ll use on test day.
- The Math Test includes some questions where it’s better not to use a calculator, even though you’re allowed to.
- It may help to do scratch work in the test book. Get your thoughts down before using your calculator.
- Make sure your calculator is in good working order and that batteries are fresh. The test center will not have batteries or extra calculators. If your calculator fails during testing and you have no backup, you'll have to complete the test without it.
If you have a calculator with characters that are one inch or higher, or if your calculator has a raised display that might be visible to other test-takers, you will be seated at the discretion of the test supervisor.
Only battery-operated, handheld equipment can be used for testing. No power cords are allowed.
Calculators permitted during testing include:
- Most graphing calculators (see chart)
- All scientific calculators
- All four-function calculators (not recommended)
Brands and Models
These calculators all pass the test.
You are not allowed to use any of the following items as a calculator:
- Laptops or other computers, tablets, cell phones, or smartphones
- Models that can access the Internet, have wireless, Bluetooth, cellular, audio/video recording and playing, camera, or any other smart phone type feature
- Models that have typewriter-like keypad, pen-input, or stylus
- Models that use electrical outlets, make noise, or have a paper tape
- Calculator function on a mobile phone
- In addition, the use of hardware peripherals such as a stylus with an approved calculator is not permitted. Some models with touch-screen capability are not permitted (e.g., Casio ClassPad). Check the list of acceptable calculators for models that are permitted.
Bring Your Own Calculator
Calculators are not provided at the test center, and you can’t share a calculator.
- FX-6000 series
- FX-6200 series
- FX-6300 series
- FX-6500 series
- FX-7000 series
- FX-7300 series
- FX-7400 series
- FX-7500 series
- FX-7700 series
- FX-7800 series
- FX-8000 series
- FX-8500 series
- FX-8700 series
- FX-8800 series
- FX-9700 series
- FX-9750 series
- FX-9860 series
- CFX-9800 series
- CFX-9850 series
- CFX-9950 series
- CFX-9970 series
- FX 1.0 series
- Algebra FX 2.0 series
- Graph35 series
- Graph75 series
- Graph95 series
- Graph100 series
**Stylus use is not permitted.
- HP-28 series
- HP-39 series
- HP-40 series
- HP-48 series
- HP-49 series
- HP-50 series
- HP Prime
- EL-9200 series
- EL-9300 series
- EL-9600 series*
- EL-9900 series
*The use of the stylus is not permitted.
- TI-83/TI-83 Plus
- TI-83 Plus Silver
- TI-84 Plus/TI-84 Plus T
- TI-84 Plus CE/TI-84 Plus CE-T
- TI-84 Plus Silver
- TI-84 Plus C Silver
- TI-89 Titanium
- TI-Nspire/TI-Nspire CX
- TI-Nspire CAS/TI-Nspire CX CAS
- TI-Nspire CM-C/TI-Nspire CM-C CAS
- TI-Nspire CX-C CAS